The doorset installation should be in accordance with BS476-22 / BS-EN 1634-1 and manufacturers guidelines.
- During the application, the temperature of the can and room should be between +5 °C and +30 °C.
- Frame/wall surface must be free from dust and grease.
- Moistening the surfaces before and after the application will ensure faster curing and increase the bonding strength.
- Tested with gaps between 7mm and 30mm.
- Where fixing points occur pack securely using Blue 60 fire rated packers. (picture 1)
- Screw on the applicator gun/nozzle and shake can. Hold the can upside down and activate the foam by pressing the valve.
- IMPORTANT – The junction between the door frame and the substrate should be fully filled with Blue 60 fire rated foam. (picture 2)
- Architraves can then be fitted over un-coated foam or alternatively foam can be allowed to cure and then be removed mechanically.